- Australia’s 11th Regional Forestry Hub has been launched in Eden
- It is a $1.1 million investment by the Morrison Government to support growth and innovation in forest industries
- Regional Forestry Hubs have been established across Australia under the National Forest Industries Plan
A new $1.1 million Regional Forestry Hub has been launched in Eden to support forest industries growth and innovation in the Eden region.
Assistant Minister for Forestry and Fisheries Jonno Duniam said the Morrison Government had responded to industry calls to establish a hub in the Eden region and would continue to deliver on its commitments to Australia’s forest industries.
“The Eden region has considerable potential for future growth and innovation in both native forest operations and plantations,” Assistant Minister Duniam said.
“The Eden hub will work with the forestry industry to identify limitations for existing processing facilities and wood resources, and find innovative solutions to support future opportunities for value adding.
“This new hub brings the total number of regional forestry hubs to 11 around the country, which are bringing together local forest industries and communities to develop strategic visions and regional analysis to drive growth in Australia’s forest industries.”
Senator for New South Wales Jim Molan applauded the establishment of the hub and welcomed what it would deliver for the Eden region.
“I congratulate Mr Malcolm McComb on his appointment as inaugural chair of the Eden Regional Forestry hub and look forward to working with him and forest industries in the Eden region,” Senator Molan said.
“The Eden region has a rich forestry history, knowledge and experience to draw on and high potential for future growth. Hub members will get to work immediately to identify the opportunities and challenges facing the region.
“I am proud that the Morrison Government is continuing to work with our forest industries to meet the challenges of the future and drive growth and innovation in regional Australia.”
- The Australian Government has provided $19.8 million toward the establishment of 11 Regional Forestry Hubs around Australia.
- The Eden Hub will now consult with industry stakeholders and begin to prioritise and undertake strategic assessments important to the region.
- Despite drought, COVID-19, floods and fires, the farming, fishing and forestry sectors are projected to be worth over a record $78 billion in production value this year.